Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Daybook

Outside my window... 
darkness.  It's also finally cooling off and beginning to feel a bit more like fall.  It's wonderful not to start sweating the instant I walk out the door.

I am thankful … 
for a healthy baby.  Every day I am amazed at this tiny little person who did not exist a year ago, and now is so full of life.

I am thinking... 
about ways to make our home less cluttered and more beautiful.  I made some progress today, just by picking up, but I still have a long way to go.  After several months of adjusting to life with a new baby, things are a bit messy.


From the kitchen... 
fresh bread!  I generally make all of our bread in a bread machine, and it always smells so wonderful when the bread is baking.

I am wearing... 
a tiered denim skirt and a green t-shirt.

I am creating...  new routines and new habits, one at a time.

I am reading... 
The Spirit of the Liturgy by Cardinal Ratizinger.  So far, a very interesting read.

I am praying...  the hours of the Divine Office when I rock my baby to sleep for naps during the day.  It finally occured to me to set up my music stand so that I can read the prayers without holding the book, which has a very nice binding which stays open without having to be held open. 

I am hearing...  click, click, click, as my husband trims his fingernails and reads the news.

Around the house... 
the lamps are on and the overhead lights are off.  I started doing this as an attempt to help my baby settle down for the night (it worked beautifully, by the way), but I'm finding it cozy as well.

One of my favorite things...is my new glasses.  I can now read our wall calendars from where I sit at the computer, without squinting.  Now, if my depth perception will just adjust to the new prescription, then I'll be all set!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
 
For more daybooks visit the Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment