Wednesday, October 13, 2010

St. Edward Daybook

Outside my window...
A beautiful sunny day.

I am thankful ...
for a husband who thinks I fill the biblical description of a good wife.  Wow.  Now that's a compliment.

I am thinking ...
that I should start working on Christmas gifts.  I have several coloring books to draw, ornaments to make, and a dress to sew.  I also still need a number of gift ideas.

From the kitchen ...
lemon curd.  yum.

I am wearing ...
a denim skirt and a Saints t-shirt.

I am creating ...
new good habits.  I am attempting to become a virtuous mother and housewife.  I have a long way to go.

I am going ...
to sew a new dress for my baby in dark blue denim and pink floral print cotton.  One of these days I'm actually going to start.

I am reading ...
The Spirit of the Liturgy by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger.  I'm really enjoying it.  I particularly love his explanation that the date of Christmas comes from March 25, and not the other way around; and that March 25  is traditionally considered to be the date of the creation of the world, the Annunciation, and the Crucifixion.

I am praying ...
Compline each night, and more of the daytime hours than I have been recently.  It's good to be getting back in the habit.

I am hearing ...
quiet.  The baby is asleep, and she was cranky before she went down, so I'd like her to stay asleep for awhile.

Around the house ...
baby hangers!  I had been wondering for months what to do with the growing supply of wire hangers.  The baby's closet has a lot of hanging space, and this has made it much easier to keep her clothes neat and accessible.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing ...
for more daybooks go to The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment