Monday, October 18, 2010

St. Luke Daybook

Outside my window...
darkness.  The sun is going to bed earlier and earlier, and the days are noticeably shorter.  I think summer has finally faded into autumn here in the south.

I am hearing ...
the creak of a rocking chair, my husband's soothing murmuring, and the occasional protest from my baby.  He makes up words to baby songs like "Itsy Bitsy Spider," and his version is different every time.   Sometimes his lyrics are pretty funny.

I am thankful ...
for a generally happy, healthy, lively baby.  She's just beginning to giggle.  It's impossible to be sad when she's smiling and cooing.

I am thinking ...
about death and judgment, heaven and hell, and trying to temper those thoughts with the mercy of God.

I am reading ...
The Spirit of the Liturgy by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger. 

I am creating ...
a new dress for my baby, and a pair of tiny crocheted shoes.

I am praying ...
the Office of the Dead today for an old friend.

From the kitchen ...
fajita beef soup.  It was a hit.  I should make it more often.

Around the house ...
I am slowly making progress in eliminating dust bunnies.  It's taking longer than I had hoped, but I have other things to attend to.

One of my favorite things ...
My engagement ring just got cleaned today, so it is extra sparkly.  It catches my eye from time to time normally, but now even more so, and it makes me smile.

A picture thought I am sharing ...
from The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. Make friends with those dust bunnies! It'll make life so much easier! :)

    (visiting from Peggy's Daybook!)

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete