Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yarn Along


I finished the washcloth I was working on last week.  I was using this pattern, for those who wondered.  I started a baby hat because my sister-in-law will have a baby girl in a few weeks.  I think the hat may turn out a bit too big (because I knit really loosely, apparently), but it will still fill a spot on my Christmas list, and I should have plenty of time to knit one smaller.

The book pictured is the baby's current favorite, which, I am sad to discover, does not seem to be currently in print.  It would be easier to just let her  play with it, knowing I can easily get a replacement copy, but I feel like it needs to be a read together only book for right now, since we really don't know how to handle books with paper pages yet.

Go visit Ginny for more knitting and reading.

3 comments:

  1. We have taped many, many books after over enthusiastic reading. I love seeing them love books so much but it hurts me when the books get hurt - so the real goodies get put up where it at least requires good climbing to get at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the baby hat! I am hoping it will fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful little hat. I try to teach my children to be gentle with books. I think it's loevly that I still have picture books that I read as a child that I can share with them now.

    ReplyDelete