Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pinning it Down

Do you find yourself pinning projects to Pinterest, but rarely getting around to doing them? Do you need a bit of encouragement to make some of those projects come to life? Join Pam and Sarah every Tuesday for the Pinning it Down link-up, where we're making a Pinterest project happen in our homes every week.


This week I made a button snake.  The idea is to give Lucy a way to practice with buttons and buttonholes.  



I don't have much felt, but I do have lots of fabric scraps, so I sewed some squares (right sides together leaving a gap, turn, and top-stitch closed), and then used my machine's automatic buttonhole foot to put a buttonhole in each square. 


I love that buttonhole foot.  It really makes life easier.


I cut a length of ribbon, sewed one end to a square of fabric (which keeps all the other squares on the ribbon), and sewed a button on to the other end.







Here's the whole thing.  Lucy doesn't quite have the idea yet, but she enthusiastically carried it all around the house.



Go visit Pam at Everyday Snapshots to see what other people have been up to this week.

3 comments: